Friday, February 2, 2007

Crafty diva (well, maybe)!

With Paul working second shift now (3pm to midnight), I have a lot of time on my hands after Dallin goes to bed. I have started so many different craft projects since this time. Now, I am being brave to post some of these pictures and tell you about them, because they are SO imperfect! And I give you permission to laugh at some of them too.
Quilling... These fish are quilled. The paper that I use to "twirl" them is 1/8th of an in wide. The fish are 1-2 inches long. I have no idea what I am going to do with them, but they were fun to make.
This flag looking thing is a picture board that I made for Dallin's room. It is a canvas board wrapped in ribbon. I am going to print some pics of Dallin in Sepia for the board. I made a really cute picture board like this one for my niece, Kali. It turned out WAY cute and it was a lot more fun to do girly colors than boy colors! I am still waiting for a picture of it from my sister (hint, hint)
And here we have the craft bucket that I sewed out of an old pair of jeans. It came out sooooo lopsided, but I still use it. I didn't use a pattern for this, so I was somewhat pleased with the results.
Here is the inside. The pockets from the jeans are great for holding anything small.
And now you can laugh!!! I saw a wash cloth with this pattern in a quilting store in downtown Winchester. I thought that it was cool so I asked the owner how she did it. She picked up her crochet hook and yarn and showed me the pattern right there. I got home and tried my hand (from memory) at the washcloth. OK, you can stop laughing, really!!! Funny, eh? Paul said that he was going to quit his job, and start selling my washcloths, he liked it so much!!!
With so much crafting going on, my house became dusty and musty. SO I put everything down for awhile so that I could clean house (how boring). But my next adventure will be a purse (again, no pattern) No wonder why things come out crooked!!! Again, stop laughing at the wash cloth. It was funny, I know, but you are going to pop a vein!

2 comments:

sara said...

I LOVE your craftiness! You should start a craft blog! Here's one that I love to read and get inspired by:
www.heatherbailey.typepad.com
lovies!
sara

sara said...

oh yeah, and you must tell me how you did the jeans bag! SO CUTE!