Friday, November 23, 2007
More Pictures at the Hospital
If you want to hear the whole story... Here's the scoop: On Sunday, I was having extremely mild, irregular contractions all day long. I wasn't even sure they were actual contractions, so I didn't mention them to Paul. I didn't want to get his hopes, or mine, up. We went to bed late, midnight, got woken up by a call from Paul's work about an hour a a half later. An hour and a half after that I thought my water broke. I think we were being prepared for the sleepless nights that were to come. So we got out of bed, got everything ready to go, and dropped Dallin off at some friends of ours. By this time, I was actually thinking that I was wrong about my water breaking and was about to go back home. I then started having contractions four minutes apart, so we headed to the hospital for real. We got to the hospital and found out for sure that my water didn't break and I was only dilated to a 2. Because I was a VBAC patient, they thought it was best to keep me there so that I could be monitored the whole time. This was at 4 am. Six hours later, the doctor came in and broke my water, contractions started hurting, I got my magical epidural, and everything slowed down. My contractions all but stopped. So they gave me pitocin and at 4:53, out she came! So far, she sleeps and eats and sleeps some more during the day. At night, she eats and eats, and eats some more. Luckily, she sleeps in between. We all can't get enough of her. Dallin loves to hold her. If she is upstairs and he wants to go downstairs, he wants Ellie to come too. When we pray, he has to make sure that she is folding her arms for the prayer too! He loves to give her kisses. He is a natural at this big brother stuff! Paul, as well, loves to hold her and kiss her and love her. She has been a really good baby in our family. We are so fortunate to have her in our lives. We are so grateful for all the many prayers and thoughts that were given in our behalf as we brought Ellie into this world. It has been such a great experience, full of blessings and faith. Now onto being a family of four!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
She is so darn cute. I am hating that you are too far away for us to come kiss her. She actually makes me think that I might want another baby girl , of course only if she is really good and never cries:)
She is such a pretty baby! I think you got a good one.
She is adorable Kristen. Little girls are so fun to dress up, especially with bows. Congratulations. She is Beautiful. Love Erin (Hansen)
Kristen!! She is so sweet! You will love having a girl, they are so different than boys!! lol Congrats!
She is SO cute Kristen! Well done! I love having girls! I'm sure boys are great...but there's just something about baby girls...so cute, so fun! It sounds like Dallin is adjusting to being a big brother easily! What a cute little family of 4!
She is beautiful! Isn't it so funny how feminine or masculine they already are... Like I look at Ellie compared to my Sawyer and she is just so girly and Sawyer is all boy. She is beautiful like her mommy. By the way your haircut is hot!! I'm suddenly having flashbacks of weightlifting class with you. Those were some crazy days and now look at us.. moms!
Post a Comment