Thursday, February 5, 2009

Listen!

Listen.
Stop falling asleep.
Are you awake?
Did you hear what I said?
Then will you give me some listening cues, like, "oh, really, uh-huh" so I know that you aren't snoozing on me?

Sound familiar?

These usually come out of my mouth when I am talking to Paul. I accuse him of ALWAYS falling asleep when we are in an important, life changing conversation. (I am never dramatic or emotional.)

Last night, we found ourselves in our bedroom...alone. This is a rare occurrence because Dallin thinks that it's his bed, too. We put him in the office/storage room in our queen size sleeping bag and he thought he was in heaven. WE DID TOO!

What to do in a bedroom, alone???

TALK

AS LOUD AND AS LONG AS WE WANT!!!

It was marvelous! Until someone fell asleep.

It was me.

Guilty as charged.

6 comments:

a wynn wynn situation said...

You TALKED?? I can think of other things to do alone in the bedroom :) But talking really is lovely, isn't it.

Aleisha said...

Wow! For a moment there I thought I was reading about my hubby and I. Glad were not the only ones. =o)

Breanne said...

That is totally us! Pat always falls asleep on me!
But I agree, there are other things to do when you're alone ;)

Renee said...

I make Scott tell me stories. I know it's weird, but it puts my nerves at ease and helps me fall asleep!

Dave and Tina Schmidt said...

At least you can have him in bed beside you. When Dave works at night, I go to bed alone. When he is off, he starts out in bed, then goes to the recliner. When we were first married, we talked, alot. It used to be a joke between him and I, as when we dated, we talked til late hours of the night, and I told him when we got married, we should put a phone in between us. ha ha

lera said...

Hey! Shoot me an email and I'll send you the link to the newspaper article and the webpage the family set up for Matt & Caitlin.