We are here in the valley, minus our alpha male, surrounded by snow capped mountains.
We got in yesterday.
We missed checking our bags by 1 minute.
Waited four hours for the next flight.
Flew one hour to Atlanta.
Ellie fell asleep as we landed.
Dallin fell asleep waiting to get onto our 4 hour flight to SLC.
Ellie fell asleep an hour into the flight.
She slept for an hour, opened her eyes and her mouth and emptied the contents of her stomach all over the two of us.
We were covered.
I was in shock, Ellie was delirious, and Dallin complained of the two tiny little drops he got on his shirt.
Covered in throw up. Sweet!
The nice man sitting next to us, and his wife across the aisle, helped us by getting towels and plastic bags.
He also gave us two of his brand new undershirts so we wouldn't have to wait two more hours covered in contents of a stomach that were no longer contained.
Those airplane bathrooms are great, aren't they? A clean up in the bathroom and two fresh white shirts, we felt somewhat normal.
Then she threw up three more times. Luckily, her stomach was mostly empty by this point, however, we still departed the airport with now, slightly colorful shirts.
They just need to make those barf bags a little bigger.
Dallin was a trooper and sat quietly through it all, after we got his two spots cleaned up, of course.
Amazingly, I was calm through it all.
One thing is for sure, Ellie has my stomach when it comes to motion sickness!
Good times!
11 comments:
I CAN NOT believe that happened to you. I don't think I would have kept my cool.
That is quite a story! I would have probably burst into tears. You are a trooper!!!
Oh! I AM SO SORRY! Bless your heart. what a difficult time. I would have cried as soon as I saw my mom at the airport! Wait this is sounding familiar.
oh the joys of families SOOO far away...and traveling with little ones to see them! Good luck on the way home!
I'm so sorry! I'm so happy you're in town...that mean Kyle's coming home soon!!! I have the motion sickness thing, too, & once while I was filling the barf bag (which are too small) the lady next to me held Jayden (6 months old) & Jayden dumped the lady's pepsi all over the lady. I thought those little cups only held 6oz?! It looked like she wet her pants with about a gallon of fluid!? I was horrified!? Luckily, she was sooo nice!
Ohhhhhh, that is awful!! Thank goodness you sat next to people who were kind. That could have been a real nightmare. Not that it wasn't, but you know. Be sure to pack lots of plastic grocery bags for your return flight...and extra clothes...and maybe don't let her eat for 2 days before...:)
Oh I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been puked on by my kids (well just Mia) on an airplane! She has my motion sensitive stomach too. Poor you!
but...I'm glad you're in town! :)
So sorry to hear your traumas, I can sympathize with you!! Oh the things we go through to come see our family!!! Hope things more then make up for it here!!! (Oh and I hope to see you!!!)
Well, from your Christmas story, you seem to have the worst luck with airplanes! Sorry about the puke, but glad to know you are here. Maybe I'll run into you (keeping the fingers crossed!)
Oh, no! of course you were alone right? We had a similar experience flying home from Christmas with Ben and Hyrum, but luckily I wasn't alone. Good luck on the trip back. Maybe she needs a little bit of something to calm that stomach down. Have fun with your family! I am jealous.
Oh, the joy of traveling with kids! I'm glad you all survived!
Post a Comment