Growing up we lived about three hours from my maternal grandparents, and we visited a few times a year. There are a really only a few things that I remember about my grandparent’s house. I remember that it was red brick, it had a front room with a large cabinet record player (with a hokey pokey record playing), there was cubby hole under the stairs full of grandpa’s fishing stuff (which the grandkids were forbidden from getting into, although I don’t believe it always stopped us), and there was a small picture hanging in the kitchen of an elderly man praying over his bread.
A few months ago Kristen and I were perusing the local Goodwill (one of her favorite past times), and ran into a larger print of the photo. After one of Kristen’s refinishing jobs it now hangs in our kitchen.
So, here’s to you Grandma and Grandpa Castleton; for helping us understand the need to be thankful. Happy Thanksgiving.
{Grandpa Castleton preaching on the streets}


4 comments:
Paul, Thanks for the memories. I almost started to cry. It brought back so many memories. We love you so much and are very thankful for you, Kristen and the kids.
Love,
Mom
Paul, Thanks for the memories. I almost started to cry. It brought back so many memories. We love you so much and are very thankful for you, Kristen and the kids.
Love,
Mom
Paul this was so cool, and to find a fantastic replica of the one that brought so many good memories. Your such a sweet guy, no wonder Kristen loves you soo much!!
My grandma had this print too..I always thought that it was a pic of my uncle buster.
Love it that you are living the memory.
I now will be looking when I go to the thrift store.
Post a Comment