Wednesday, May 26, 2010

googly monster

Googly Monster.
I finally set up my sewing machine and had to see if it still worked after the move for insurance purposes.  Unfortunately, it does.  
I will say this:  I have the cheapest, crappiest machine out there.  
I will say this:  To send it some positive vibes, it has been a champ as far a straight lines go.
(Anyone want to advise me on the best sewing machine under $200???)
Back to Googly Monster.
Dallin asks about 1 billion questions....what are you doing/sewing/why/what is a pattern/what is this string/can I make a pattern????????????
I fugure the best way to answer all his questions was to let him help me make something.
We drew a pattern and cut it out, pinned (complete with blood), sewed, stuffed.
He watched me sew and heard me cuss at my sewing machine (I kept it rated PG).

Dallin (complete with tool belt) has a new best friend.
He is currently sleeping next to Googly Monster because he is afraid of the dark, too.

1 comment:

Marriott + Ali said...

i can't advise you on a sewing machine deal...but I do have one you could borrow...and I mean it. I got one last christmas and haven't touched it yet...and don't have any plans to anytime soon because...well...i don't know how to sew!
Anyway, I am just in Orem and sincerely, would love to let you borrow it ANYTIME!

ps...your kids are getting so big, and your lil Diva cracks me up! How did Paul get a Diva??