Indeed. I am 10 weeks. I had some complications about three weeks ago that led me to think this one was going to be another miscarriage. We were at my family reunion, no less. I love my family and I am so grateful for the support that I felt. It was kind of a bummer to go from "wahoo! It's family party time!" to "wo-freakin-hoo, what the crap is going on with my body?!" Instead, there was, indeed, a heartbeat, but the doctor told me to sit back, relax, don't strain yourself until we got into the 12 week appointment. This would have been great, a vacation of sorts, if I didn't feel SO SICK. Luckily, we have amazing family who take the kids for shaved ice and sleep overs, who clean my house and make me dinner, who sweep my floor, who scale walls, brake into my house and clean up spills and more spills, who get my kids in the car for me, who clean up throw up towels and buckets*, do laundry, take the kids for a walk. And to my Savior, who has blessed us with tender mercies galore, like when I just could not put the kids to bed....just could not. So they practically put themselves to bed and fell right asleep. Or the times when they will quietly watch a movie, or play with their toys, and let me take a nap. Oh, I am so grateful!
*I HATE throwing up in the toilet. HATE IT! That is where bums go, not faces. No matter how clean the toilet, I will not throw up in it. Instead, I carry around a big bowl, double lined with grocery sacks. If I happen not to have the bowl around, a towel will have to do, which then get rinsed out if Paul is home, or thrown out if he is not. Go ahead, roll your eyes. I throw up a lot, and if it's in a toilet bowl, I can't stop because it is so disgusting and the water is splashing on my face and that makes me throw up more. With all this talk about throw up, I think I must go get my bowl.
12 comments:
Happy day! Congratulations to you all! So sorry you have the pucks. Yuck. Hate the pucks.
I have to throw up in a bowl because I now have to sit on the toilet any time I throw up. I now have an auto reflex that when I up chuck I have to pee too.
And I am happy sending this comment because I know it's going to make you laugh.
Hang on. you are almost in the woods.
Yuck, I'm so sorry and so very happy for you!!! It will get better soon and then you'll have a beautiful new baby. I can't wait to see him/her.
Have you started thinking about names???? I love the name Shelden.
So exciting (the preggo part) & yucky (the pukey part)! Hope the throwing up part goes away quickly. CONGRADS!!
We are as close as we were in KY. Can we bring a meal or something, please? Congrats again. :) I think I saw your kids 2 house down for the Broderick's in the back yard a couple weeks ago. Fun times.
Congrats!! Hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than having kids and being sick!
Congrats! I hope things go well. Sounds like you have a wonderful support system.
Congratulations!! How great to have such a fantastic family. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Congratulations!
YAY!! puking= healthy growing baby :) congrats!!! You make cutie pies! Can't wait to keep reading about this one too!! Due date?
Congrats girl!!!! I'm so happy for you, but not having the sickies. We need to get together and have a play date.
I fell like a horrible friend having just seen this. Congrats! Glad everythings ok; but that's no fun that you're sick :(
Post a Comment