**I hope you find the humor and sarcasm in this post. In real life, it's easy to be quite serious, but as I write things down, I can't help but pour sarcasm over my thoughts and words. Nut house, here we come!**
I haven't gotten Ellie's hair fixed yet. If I pull it back, you can't even tell that she has the most amazing hair cut right now. I bought her a new brush and a new pink comb (which she carried around for the next couple days) to get her excited about getting her hair done. This worked for about a week. Then the "special chair" (a basket) worked for a couple days. Now we are back to the fighting. Sometimes I leave her hair in the same spot for a few days if it looks okay. I hate the fighting. I think we will have to go back to the "sitting in front of the TV with candy in her hands" trick. Good grief! When I do get it fixed, I think she will have to have mullet type bangs. We will see.
We bought Ellie a backpack along with Dallin's today. She got lucky because they were 40% off...the bonus of kindergarten starting a week later (they both picked out the kind with the handle and wheels, which can be quite annoying as you are walking home from school, being bombarded with bikes and scooters and your 5 year old takes up 2 lanes because he has to pull his backpack along on its ultra cool wheels...). Anywho...Ellie has been caring that thing around with her all day long, filling it with everything, tortilla chips included.
Dallin had his first day of Kindergarten today. We will have to take "second day of school" pictures because we took him out to lunch today and were running a little late, so we didn't have time to get the camera. Paul walked him in and he sat in his seat. He looked around with a grin. Despite all the whining for the past couple weeks about not wanting to go to school, he really does love it (although he told me that we do not go to school to learn....hmmm). Tonight he asked me what days he goes to school. I told him the only days he didn't go were Saturday and Sunday. "Oh!" he replied, "Those are the only days that I don't want to go!" I am hoping that this will be a great year.
Me? I am having one of those, " I can't take my kids to the store because the store makes me want to puke and my kids are out of control at the store and we are out of milk. I am so lonely. I feel like I can never go anywhere or do anything because I am either sick, too far away, or (fill in the blank) so I can't go do anything. I feel like an outsider. I am fat, ugly, stupid and mental. I can't do anything right, my house is always a mess, I know, so you don't need to tell me. Why can't I let any one get close to me? Why do I have to push everyone away? Why can't I make friends easily? Why am I so forgetful? Why am I so screwed up? Why do I always feel like I have to start over? Why am I afraid to do anything and everything?" nights. My floor is covered in tissues because Paul is at work and not here to tell me how super-awesome-rad I really am. My trials are always amplified when I am hormonal. Go figure, right? I know no one ever feels this way but me, right? ;) And summer TV is ending. I have definitely become a fan. That, along with air conditioning. My two best friends this summer (along with my little sidekicks, phenergan and zofran). Does is bother anyone else that people always pronounce phenergan "phenegran"? Hmmm....I think a lobotomy would do me some good. I think it would.
Paul. He tries so hard to be patient. He deserves a Kingdom on High for dealing with me (although my dad tells me this all the time....whatever...insert snarky teenage attitude...). He goes to work like a good little boy, comes home and helps me with the kids, the laundry, the cleaning, the cooking, the crazy woman/alien thing that took over his wife's body (little did he know that the invasion took place sometime during puberty). He's a good egg, that man.
My mom used to sing two words to me all the time, "Just breath...." growing up. I know that I need to breath, but this pregnant woman has some bad gas, and breathing is really quite toxic at times. On the bright side: I know that my cup runneth over. I know that I could go swimming in the river of blessing that are mine. I just need to learn to swim.
10 comments:
Kristen, I hope it's okay - but you ALWAYS make me laugh! You are swimming - and splashing and helping us all to have a good time!! I need my husband to read this post next time I am pregnant - to PROVE, I am NOT the only person who turns into a "woman/alien" thing. :) Hang in there girl!
Wait...? Did I write this? (minus the kids) I think I could have.
And you know what? Some times you just need to let it all out and then you can start swimming. Any time you need to vent, I am available!! Hang in there, only a few more months of this right ;)?! (If I were still in Utah I would come down there and eat some chocolate with you, or watch some TV or whatever)
Kristen, you are halarious!!! I love your blog because you always make me laugh. Every once in a while Josh will mention having another baby (because the current one is such an angel) but if I give him just a second to think about it he changes his mind because of how crazy I get when preggers (especially with a girl). Love ya!
I feel the same way Kristen. My husband gets home from a long day at work, cooks dinner, cleans up, and then puts the kids to bed. All the things I can't stand to do when I'm pregnant. I feel like a total slacker. Just know you're not alone and it's ok to take it easy for a while. :)
Kristen you crack me up!! Yes, we are all crazy woman/aliens...especially when we're pregnant. So not looking forward to being there again...good thing our kids are worth it!!
**If you have problems post pregnancy PUH-LEASE talk to me. I totally struggled after Ella was born and nobody should feel that way. Darn hormones. Darn crazy lady brain that I have. The combination of the two is NOT a pretty situation. :) Yay for great husbands!!
Hang in there girl. You know you're not alone!!
Beautiful Kristin! It's so funny what hormones can do. Blah. You will be back to normal in no time! (When was your due date again? :)
I'm sorry. Stupid hormones! Just remember: You've had two kids and are expecting a third and STILL skinnier than me! So you can feel better about yourself :)) I will come visit you and keep you company. I can bring Chewy and your kids can play with him and we can chit chat. Or you can sleep ;)
Oh shoot, do you have to be preggers to have the feelings of paragraph 5? I am agree that those feeling are amplified with hormones though. It's all too familiar. I am here to validate you! And BTW, I love a good man. What would we do without them? You ARE super-awesome-rad! No one ever said that you have to be jovial ALL the time, "just breathe" for now and you can swim tomorrow.
You just wrote everything I feel and I'm not even prego. So, you are not alone. If I could send you a big box of Chocolate, I would. ( I don't know if it would make it to the post office.) :) Cheer up and know you are loved. It will get better. ;)
Post a Comment