I don't remember exactly what time we got up on Christmas morning, but I do know that I was the only one wide awake pretty early. I dragged Paul out of bed, and we got the kids up. They were so excited!
Santa made it through our gas fireplace. That man may be magical, but he neglected to wipe his feet when he came in off of the snowy roof!

He was so good to the kids this year. They got everything they asked for. There was one miss-communication, however. Mrs. Claus thought she was clever enough to find pillow pets online for half the price. It turns out that the pillow pets were half the size, as well! Mom even stealthily checked to make sure those were the exact ones that the kids wanted. Regardless of the mistake and size, the kids loved them and have affectionately named them "Blueberry Blue" and "Pink Princess".
Dallin is holding a special treat in his hand in this picture. He lost his second tooth a couple nights before and we convinced his to wait until Christmas eve to put it under his pillow. The tooth fairy and Santa all in one night!!!
Santa gladly ate the cookies and left a note letting the kids know how great they are. Dallin helped his dad read it.
I had to add this face into the mix. She is three and sassy, but oh so sweet and edible!
After Christmas morning at our house, we drove over to my parents house and found that Santa had dropped off some goodies there as well. We had a fun gift exchange with the little cousins and then went over to my grandparents for breakfast.
On the 26th, we got together and had the Stuart Duncan family Christmas party. More great food and fun!
We were so blessed this year, in every possible way. We have some pretty amazing family and friends and we are so grateful for them in our lives and for their generosity! We are grateful for all that our Savior has done for us. We were able to do some neat things this year with our kids to teach them about our Savior and about service.





1 comment:
What cute pictures! I especially love the footprints!! Now that I only have one "believer", Christmas doesn't seem quite as magical as before. I do get to sleep in a little though... that's cool.
ps. Julie was working down here a couple of weeks ago and stopped by with the boys. It was so awesome to see her!!! I miss you guys.
Post a Comment