Thursday, January 5, 2012

dog vs. dog

We were at Grandma Duncan's on Tuesday afternoon, saying goodbye before Brady flew back to Seattle.  The neighbors dog was over and Ellie, and cousins Cameron and McKay were having fun playing fetch with balls.  We all went back inside for a bit, and when it was time to leave, I pushed the key-less door opener, and Ellie and I went outside to get in the car.  All of a sudden, I see the dog run from the van and head down the street with Ellie's prized puppy, Isabella, in his mouth.  Ellie saw the whole thing happen and started wailing (she informed me that, no, she started crying). I started after the dog.  He would not stop moving.  I could have easily grabbed the stuffed animal but I didn't want to tear it apart.  I grabbed a ball and tried that trick, which didn't work.  Paul got in on the action and after making it through a couple neighbors yards, got the dog settled down and gently pried the pup out of the dogs mouth.  It was wet and dirty, but no bones were broken. ;)  I ended up washing her twice and after I gave Izzy to Ellie she informed me that the dog said "thank you for the bath".  When I cleaned out the car, I found one of the real dogs balls.  We live a life of adventure, don't we?!

No comments: