Saturday, January 26, 2013

Duncan Annual Pumpkin Carving Party

The annual pumpkin carving party has transferred over from Grandma D's house to ours the past couple years.  Paul and the kids were looking forward to hosting it this year, but I was SO SUPER sick.  Paul took work off the day before to clean the house so that we could continue on the new tradition of having it at our house.  
 This is Grandma Duncan and her sister, Jean.  They were substitute hostesses while I laid on the couch.  They cleaned and kept the party going.  They even made Helen's famous lasagna at my request. ;)
 Paul's always so good at helping the kids out with their pumpkins.



 If Isaac finds one of his ties, he insists on wearing it all day long.  It makes me smile.
 Aunt Jean was rubbing this balloon on his head and it would stick to his hair.  He was so fascinated by it.


 My birthday is on October 29th, and every birthday party I remember having a pumpkin pinata that my dad would make.  Maybe that's why I tend to decorate so much for Halloween, to celebrate me.  ;)  This year, the kids helped me make a pumpkin pinata for the party.  It was cold outside, so we set it up in our basement.




No comments: