Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Apple Pickin'

This weekend, we packed a picnic and drove to Paris (Kentucky, darn it) to an u-pick apple orchard farm. Seeing as both Paul and I have access to many apple trees in Utah, we were laughing that we would go pay to pick apples. But we wanted to do something fun for Dallin.


Paul and Dallin had fun walking up and down the rows of trees and picking the apples while I manned the wagon, camcorder and already picked apples on the sidelines. And, yes, this is probably the only picture that you will see of me PG unless I get one where I look like a super model. Dallin loved prancing among the pumpkins and tried to pick every one of them up. We had a fun picnic among the cool old rocking chairs on the wrap-around porch of the gift shop.
We ate yummy ice cream made from the black raspberries and peaches that came from the farm earlier in the season. Look what a cute little piggy he would make!
On the way home, we stopped in town in Paris and looked around some antique shops on Main Street. On our way out, we found THE DUNCAN TAVERN!!
We didn't get the chance to go inside, but found out that this cool old building (we didn't take this pic) was built before Kentucky was even a state and that it has been up and running ever since. Right now, it is a museum, gift shop, library, and genealogy center. We definitely plan on going to Paris again to visit the inside of the Duncan tavern. Who knows, maybe Paul's great, great, great, great, great grandfather built the place! On the way home, Dallin fell asleep reading his books. He is such a funny kid.




5 comments:

Jordan said...

What a fun family you are. I can't believe you paid to pick apples. Helen and Stu might never speak to you again!!! p.s you are SO cute pg. I am so jealous. Love the pictures. So fun.

gina bina said...

Seriously, I'm with Jordan, you look way cute prego. I just want to rub your belly! But I won't because I know that's awkward :-) and I definitely don't want to anger a pregnant girl.

McLerran Family said...

You're always doing such fun things with your family! And you look way cute pregnant!

Stefanie said...

You are the cuttest pregnant girl I've ever seen!!!!

Dave and Loralee said...

I THINK YOU LOOK LIKE A SUPERMODEL!! And I LOVE your hair...I'm getting mine done tomorrow night and you just might have inspired me to go short and BROWN. cuz it looks soooo cute on you. And you look way good pregnant...remember when you visited last year and I was a hippo? Now THAT'S not cute. You are. :)