Monday, March 3, 2008

Cabin Fever Diaries

I am running out of things inside to keep me busy. My mom is going crazy with me, because I simply do not know how to put my toys away (ok, I do, but I pretend like I don't) and I love to scatter all the shoes from our shoe basket around the floor so that my Mom and Dad will trip over them and curse my name. Good thing I can't repeat what they say, otherwise I would be in time-out a lot lately. I have tried to occupy myself by trying out some of my sisters things. I think that her binky is great and I love to sneak it into my mouth without anyone noticing. I have also tried switching my sippy cups to my sister's bottles. It just tastes better that way. And her bed is so much comfier that mine! We all got some relief, finally, yesterday afternoon. The sun was peaking out behind the clouds. My neighbors came by the house to see if I wanted to go play outside with them! In fact, Mom, Dad, and Ellie all came out to enjoy the fresh air too!


This is my friend Britney. I stole her car and then made her come sit next to me in it. I am a ladies man! I knew that there wasn't enough room for both of us (that was my plan). Britney and her brother, Taylor, have a lot of cool things to play with in their backyard. This slide was so much fun to play on. I like to give a thumbs up sign to show everyone that I think something is great! (Like I gave my mom thumbs up today when she gave me an ice cream cone with chocolate frosting in it ind=stead of ice cream. Don't tell my Dad though, it's a secret.)

My Mom and Dad are too cheap to buy me cool toys like Britney and Taylor (they also have a puppy that I love to chase and hug and kiss, no fair). But a guy that my Dad works with brought by his old sand box and a really cool sand toy for me to play with.
Maybe now Britney and Taylor will want to come play in my backyard.
I also said a lot of words outside, my mom was so excited. I said:
reach
pup
ball
baby
mom
dad
no
yeah
dog
house
{Mom's notes}
He did say a lot when he was around the puppy, it was good therapy for him. Again, don't tell Paul, he would love a dog...so many secrets to keep...

7 comments:

Alice Wills Gold said...

Love seeing that 1/4" of snow in Kentucky too.

Did you get my comment to e-mail me about when you will be coming through so we can get together.

alicegold at bellsouth dot net

Two Wheeler said...

hmm, I won't tell Paul about the dog event, but I am all for the therapeutic effects of pets. They are so nice to have around for so many reasons (assuming they're somewhat trained that is, haha)

kailani said...

Wow, that's great that he's talking so much! My 2 year old can only say - mine, no, & I sowee.
:-)

adventure knitter said...

i can't wait to come visit you guys!

Heather Adams said...

We are also suffering from cabin fever:) We went for a walk this afternoon and tried to pretend it was warm but really we were all freezing!

As for having neighbors with cool toys....you know according to Tyler we are the only family with nothing cool. He is talking about real 4 wheelers (it's a Cedar and Spanish Fork thing) and Wii's and dirt bikes and motor scooters, you name it he just doesn't have it. Poor Tyler and Dallin:)

rachaeljanae said...

Dallin looks just like you!

Marriott + Ali said...

This is such a cute blog post, by such a creative mommy! I think every mom out there is with you on the cabin fever bit. Winter is such a hard time & I am so looking forward to nice weather again. I agree with Bradlee's comment about a dog being theraputic. I know ours were for me & my family. They are a lot of work though. Plus, I doubt Paul would be able to do much training from work, which means you would be the lucky one to do it. But that shouldn't be much of a problem as you must have lot's of free time, right. HA :)