
Here's an Irish song that Paul's mom sang to him and now we sing to our kids:
Over in Killarney,
Many years ago,
Me mother sang a song to me
In tones so sweet and low.
Just a simple little ditty,
In her good old Irish way,
And I'd give the world if she could sing
That song to me this day.
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
Hush, now don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
That's an Irish lullaby.
Oft, in dreams I wander
To my home again,
I feel her arms around me
As when she held me then.
And I hear her voice a humin'
To me in days of yore,
When she used to rock me fast asleep
Outside the cabin door.
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
Hush, now don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral,
That's an Irish lullaby.
5 comments:
Our good friends went to Dublin for St. Pattys day. If it wasent for work, we would be there too. Thats cool you sing it to your kids too. =o)
I will have to look the tune up on the internet, so we can sing it for FHE tonight!
Kristen, it was so good to see you, Paul and your adorable kids this weekend! I'm so glad I was finally able to hold little Ellie and that she TOTALLY loves me! ...If she loves everyone don't tell me because I'm still on a high.
Dear Paul and Kristen,
I'm sitting here at the computer just crying and thinking how lucky I am to have my children and that I feel so loved. Thanks for your love and prayers.
Mom
That made my whole day!! Thanks for actually writing all the words because I have been singing this for years and really never have known the all the words. I am sure this will sound better than my made up version:) We all love Grandma D's lullaby's.
Post a Comment