Okay... since you asked, I will tell you.
I just thought this was really funny, but at the same time...what do you do to keep your 2 1/2 year old kid from kissing and hugging EVERYONE!?
We were all outside, playing with the neighbors, enjoying the somewhat nice weather. Dallin was chasing the puppy dog, on his hands and knees, being a puppy himself. "Come here puppy! Give me a kiss!" I said to Dallin (he loves to give puppy dog kisses). He got up off the grass and ran straight towards 5 year old Britney and puckered. She looked shocked and stepped back a little, but Dallin got her on the lips anyway. Then, he moved onto her mom and tried to kiss her too. She tried to opt for an Eskimo kiss.
Are we too affectionate by giving Dallin and Ellie hugs and kisses all the time? Or are other people not affectionate enough? I know that we need to teach our kids not to go around kissing random people. Dallin is so friendly to everyone. He has speech therapy three times a week and so three times a week, he gets big hugs from his SLP's. At church, everyone loves him and picks him up to get a hug. We hope that in teaching him not to hug and kiss random people, that he will still remain affectionate and loving to us.
The subject matter of raising our kids to do what is right has been in our home recently as we are going to send Dallin out into the world (of preschool) this fall. I hear about things that have happened and that are going on in the schools in our district and I want so badly to shelter my little baby! I was talking to some friends about this just yesterday. My friend said she tells her son (age 5) that he needs to choose the right even when she is not around. I hope that I can teach Dallin and Ellie and my other children to always choose the right no matter what. I hope that they will make good friends and be good examples to others. It is a scary world out there. Paul and I were both so blessed growing up to have great friendsand family who never put us in situations that made us uncomfortable.
So, choose the right, be good, kiss your babies, but not your neighbors!
10 comments:
That's just way too funny! I think you're hugging/kissing your kids too much....just kidding!
You Duncans are affectionate people. It took me a while to get used to all the lovin' that goes on. It's good though. Brad was WAY more willing to share things like "feelings" when we were dating. I came around eventually, but I sure wasn't used to it! Now I think he wishes I'd tone down those feelings just a titch.
That's funny and I totally agree! The more affection the better.
Sophie's been saying "I love you" like 100 times a day. It's her new thing and it's cute, right? So, the other day, I had some guys here working on my tile, and she said "I love you" possibly 10 times in 2 minutes. It started to get embarrassing/annoying. Then I was reminded when Oliver, age 13 came home, this affection will wane at some point and I need to appreciate every second while I can!!!
i'll take d's kisses any day!!
haha, what a great story! BTW, thanks for the prize, I got it in the mail the other day. I'm sure Gina will be able to make good use of it at some point... :-)
I think this world could use a little more affection. What a cute story!
There's no such thing as hugging and kissing your kids too much! I love when my kids give me loves. And I'm enjoying it because I know someday they'll be "too big" to do that anymore.
That's a good one to have written down. I think that as long as he grows out of the kissing thing by 6, he's o.k.!!
I had so much anxiety about sending Abigail to Kindergarten, but I am sure that just like Abigail did for me, your kids will amaze you with living up to the things that you have taught them!
Hey Girl,
I totally agree with you. Mallory got on time out at preschool last week cause she kept hugging and the little boy didnt like it. She was asked to stop and didnt. it was funny.
Anyway.. i was wondering if there is anyway you could tell me how to add people to my blog? Tashina said she isnt sure.
mine is http://jkandkiddos.blogspot.com/
thanks katrina
That's a story you'll have to share with him when he's older! Maybe if everyone were to give more hugs and kisses the world would be a better place!
Post a Comment