Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Attack!

There back! I guess having a kid who drops an incredible amount of crumbs on the floor will result in seasonal visitors, no matter how often I sweep! I read here that if you put corn meal on the floor, it will get rid of my unwelcome guests! Now, how long do I leave it there? It's driving me crazy. And can I vacuum up the leftover ants soon? I watch them crawl around and it makes me itchy!
They are quite interesting creatures. I got down on my hands and knees to see them up close, to see if they were taking my bait. I was fortunate enough to witness two ants having a tug-o-war with a tortilla chip crumb. It was quite large; a mighty prize back at the ant hill, I am sure!
In May, my friend Amy and her girls are coming to visit me from Maryland. I am so excited! I haven't seen her in years! She's afraid that she will over stay her welcome. So, Amy, if corn meal mysteriously shows up in your luggage, it's time to go!

4 comments:

Breanne said...

We had ant problems in our condo, and I had read that putting table salt on the floor keeps them away. It kind of worked, but one things for sure, good ol' Windex will kill them!! :)

Aleisha said...

They are REALLY bad here in Italy. If you use vinegar and put it in a spray bottle and squirt it around the doors, windows and pretty much every nook and cranny, it will keep them away. DONT DILUTE IT. They HATE the smell. If not, ant spray works really well too. Just spray it around doors and windows.

Alice Wills Gold said...

Hmmmm...I have no suggestions...I have been blessed to have never been bothered by pesty creatures. (knock on wood) I love the Windex comment....it's so "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"!

adventure knitter said...

Cornmeal? To get rid of ants?? What the SAC! That's the strangest thing I've EVER heard! But if it makes you feel better...I thought we had gotten rid of the mice in our house...but no...this morning there were little "bits of evidence" on my countertop again. EW! And I can't wait to come! Start planning some fun stuff to do! And get those knitting needles ready for action! You're getting a lesson...