Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Every Child Deserves a Voice



May is Better Hearing and Speech month. I wish I had the brain power to write a really good post about it. But I don't. I am tired. Most of you all know that our son, Dallin, has Apraxia of Speech. Some days, it's down right exhausting! He came to us cute, though, and that makes all the difference in the world! They have programs out there where you can donate money, just send it to us instead. Joking! Really, though, please take the time to learn more about speech and hearing. And don't take yours for granted.

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

Does dallin do sign laung? We have DVD's called signing time that I got for my boys to eliminate the terrible twos. Which when they were babies, it helped so much cuz they could tell me what they wanted. I have an extra DVD if you want it. Check out there web sight. I just have an extra of the baby signing time disk one. Let me know.

The P*dunc's said...

Thanks for the offer, Aleisha. We actually have 5 of the Signing time videos. He likes to watch them and learn new signs. The only problem is, is that he also likes to make up his own signs. Another problem that we see is that sometimes, he will lose his words the more signs he uses. It is proving to be a difficult balance. It does help A LOT with his own frusteration in communicating with us.

Renee said...

Dallin is blessed to have such well informed parents! He's going to do great with your support and of course, his adorable good looks.