Having a child with Apraxia of Speech, we parents have to wait awhile longer than other parents to laugh at the "darndest things" our kids say. Lately, we've been laughing at Dallin's version of "Shake your booty".
"Shay, shay, shay, a booby!"
I get daily emails from an Apraxia listserve and today, I read a pretty funny story from a parent (names have been changed):
On Friday night, it was late, we were driving home and all quite tired. Out of the darkness of the backseat, our son, states, "Mom, I want a beer."
My response was, "Ethan, children do not drink beer. You cannot have a beer."
My husband said, "Ethan, you mean a root beer, right? You want to drink a root beer."
Ethan responded: "No Dad, I want a beer all over my face. Everybody has one and I want one too."
To which my husband said, "Oh Ethan, you mean a beer-dah on your face, right?"
Ethan said, "Yes, Dad I want a beer-dah with hair all over my face."
We laughed and laughed the rest of the way home and everyone continued to practice saying: "Beard".
Sandy Allsop
Loving Mother to Ethan (8.11) severe global apraxia with si issues
"More Talking, Less Childhood Apraxia of Speech"
6 comments:
he can have my beard :) i'll take the drink since i have 4 kids and probably need it... just kidding :)
Great story! Dallin is so full of personality! I always ask about him whenever I talk to Bridgette. Hope preschool is going great!
-Allison
That's so funny! Dallin seems like such a cutie!
shake a booby! I'm am peeing myself right now!
Cute story! Thanks for sharing.
So, if he can't have the bear, does that mean that I can't either?
Post a Comment