Monday, December 20, 2010

The Bug is Back

My thrift shop bug is back.  It went away for a while and has now returned just in time for the cold, cold weather.  I am not really sure Paul is happy about it.  Spray painting will have to wait unless I buy a gas mask to spray away in my garage.

I had to share this amazing find.  I am really quite proud of it.  This puppy is huge!  It measures about 2 1/2 feet by 5 feet (chair next to it for scale).  It was marked at $24.00, and at the register, I found out it was 50% off!  

$12.00!
One day, it will get a new color and something different in the middle...It might take me a while to figure it out.

 My next find where these cream chairs on ksl.com. 
They are going to hang out here at my table so I can figure if I what to paint them (and my other chairs) black (and paint the bottom of the table black?), or keep them as is.  Regardless, I kinda like this arrangement at the moment.
I found a thrift shop down the street from where I live that has most items at $1 each.  It is glorious, although the big things she seems to charge an arm and a leg for.

Happy Thrifting!

{why I love my table and chairs:  the table is my parents.  i grew up eating Sunday dinner on it.  i tried to do homework on it.  for the past couple years, it was sitting in my grandma great's basement collecting dust.  i saw it and knew i wanted to store it instead.  the occupants of my grandma's house (my sisters) were more than happy to deliver it to my house.  the brown chair come from the small table that we bought right before we moved to Kentucky.  Just the right size for our little kitchen there.  the cream ones i just purchased.  the previous owner painted all of them but one, which sits in our garage at the moment.  they are old and still in pretty good shape.  i can't help but wonder where she got them from and what there history is.  all the bums that have sat on all of these chairs, and all of the meals served on this table, all the memories made.  my husband has turned me into a sentimental fool. ;) }

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm excited for you. The frame is beautiful and I am envisioning all the possibilities of those table and chairs!