Wednesday morning, I was grateful for the University exit in Provo. Grateful to get off of I-15 a little earlier. Grateful to drive down University until I came up on Provo High and remembered that that was where I turned to get to the hospital. Grateful to find my way to my mom's little corner of the hospital and grateful that her surgery went well. Grateful that I had passed the Provo Tabernacle, as I do anytime I drive through Provo. Grateful that this particular time, I not only saw it, but really looked at it and admired it's beauty, it's history, it's memories.
I consider it a tender mercy that I decided to stay on University all the way to the hospital, because I couldn't remember if the hospital was on 5th or some other road.
I know these extra hormones have made me more prone to tears, but I couldn't help shedding tears when I woke up this morning to find out that the
Provo Tabernacle was burning up in flames. It is truly a sad loss for everyone who has grown up in Utah county.
2 comments:
I am right there with you! So sad...
Wow that is so terrible! I hadn't checked your blog in a long time and found this out. Dave had his law school graduation in the Provo Tabernacle. So sad!! :(
Post a Comment