Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Knock on Wood!!!

The first three and a half months of my pregnancy, Dallin was Mr. Crazy man! I don't blame him. He went from getting all the attention in the world, going on walks all the time, playing at the park, wrestling with mom and dad, to Mom throwing up three times a day and having her avoid him until the smelly diaper could be taken care of. His poor little world was rocked. He was not a happy, or nice camper. These were sure signs of what is going to come when this new baby gets here! But the last two weeks I have felt mostly human again, and only throw up once every three or four days! What with things getting back to normal (for now, at least) Dallin is being such a good boy. He has been quite mild mannered and happy. He loves to sit and color or play with Play dough for increments of 30-45 minutes. He also insists that these activities take place at the kitchen table (hallelujah). He will play with his cars quietly on the floor. I am starting to wonder where my clingy, attention-hungry little boy has gone! With all this extra time on my hands I've been able to pick up the house more and sit next to him and read. I have even been able to read my own books. I think I have burned myself out a bit though, cramming in 6 novels in two weeks. My eyes need a break. So, with a clean house, a settled stomach, and a happy two year old, I feel that a "KNOCK ON WOOD!" is in order.

No comments: