Tuesday, October 23, 2007

b l o g

I am sure that we all love to blog travel, or "stalk" as most people call it. I prefer "traveling". It sounds less obsessive. There are so many people's blogs that I like to look at. Some people I know, some that I don't. And with all the trackers that people have on their blogs, I feel like a stalker that knows their being watched stalking. Why can't I just write a comment on their blog that says, "Hi, I really like your blog. I look at it all the time. So when you see me on your tracker, you know that it's me, and that I am just enjoying the words that you write." Maybe I could make some new friends doing this. I recently looked at a blog of a girl that I knew from high school. I wasn't friends with her, but I knew who she was. I came across her blog in my "travels", recognized her, love reading her blog, but I am just to shy to comment. "What if she thinks that I am stupid?" I think. She even has a post where she asks everyone to comment, even if you don't know her. What did I do when I read this? I got out of there. I got nervous. Phoooeee! I should have commented. Maybe I will go back to her blog and do just that. I have gotten brave a couple times and commented on blogs, whether acquaintances or strangers. So maybe you are reading this and wondering if I have been looking at your blog...probably. You make me laugh, you make me cry, YOU entertain me!

6 comments:

Two Wheeler said...

Well, since there are no comments on this post ;-) My advice would be to just post! My Two Wheel blog is public and I try to post a link to it everywhere I can. I have had a handful of people I didn't know post comments and I like it. They have the power to delete it if they don't like it and they should know that by having a blog, they are opening themselves up to the world.

BTW, I love reading your blog! Tell Paul et al hello for me.

Laura said...

Hi! I was, uh, "traveling" and saw this and it made me laugh, so I thought I'd say give you a little shout-out. Hope you don't think I'm stupid!;) Haha! Loved it!
-Laura

Breanne said...

Don't worry, I do the same thing. I like to read, but sometimes don't comment :) I think everyone does it.

sara said...

ha ha! what a cute (and true) post! Well, now you really know I like to visit you in my travels. :)

Mia said...

You should comment...everyone appreciates knowing who is looking at their blog and in fact, I am quite surprised when I find out someone has been looking and has never commented...thus, why I usually comment...then again, there are some from high school that I am a big chicken to comment on because i have not spoken to them in years and weren't that close to, anyway! Hypocrite I am!

Sarah S said...

So I was laughing when I read your blog because I traveled over to yours through two connections - from the Lathams, but really through Davis and Asialene (I don't know the Lathams either) - I don't even remember why I clicked on the Paul and Kristen link, maybe just to see if we knew you. Anyway, I just think it's fun to travel around from friends' blogs, especially when I know they are LDS because you never know, you might just know those people!