
I think that I might have brain damage. Or some kind of brain problem. Actually, it is a memory problem. I don't remember a lot about my life. Well, I do, but only random things. For example: I think back to high school. I remember people. But I don't remember being in classes with them. I don't remember if I went on a date with so and so, until I go back and see the cheesy pictures. I remember names, but if I were to see them, I couldn't recall their name while I first said hello (unless they have a name tag of course). I even do this now, with people that I see on a regular basis. Whenever I get, "remember when??'s" I don't. Like when my BFFEFB (100 pretend dollars to whoever can tell me what that means), Tashina, was laughing at how we met. I didn't remember. I do now, after she told me. I guess what has brought all of this up is that Paul is always asking me about my favorite things or memories growing up. I remember one Christmas with a pink bike and a gallon box of whoppers. I remember playing run-aways with my cousin, Andrea. We would take graham crackers and lemonade up to the tree house in my back yard. I remember sleeping over at her house and wetting the bed. Why do I remember that and not something less embarassing? I guess I would have to remember a lot, really, considering there are 27 years to go back to. But I wish that I remembered more.
10 comments:
Yep, I'm right there with you...I can't wait for the resurrection when all things will be recalled. (This could be a little scary, but I will be glad to just get some of those memories back - at least the good ones, that I know are in there now, but I just can't find them)
Yeah, I thought that was wierd that we both had written about the exact same thing!
Now that I know you didn't read mine first, I think that is even more wierd.
I'm the exact same. I can't remember anything! My sisters will be talking about something and then it slowly starts to come back, but I can't recall anything on my own!
I dont think you are alone on this one. I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast, let alone myself growing up. And, its a proven fact, that every time you have a kid, you lose a part of your memory. I blame my kids...lol I kid you not. (no pun intended) I forget more and more each time I have a kid. So dont feel so bad. =o)
LOL you're funny!! I wish I had that problem... I remember everything that is worthless to remember and nothing that is important. (and honestly - I'd like to forget most of high school anyway! ha ha)
Did I mention you have the cutest kids ever???
Kristen, It sounds like all of our brains have turned to mush and I do believe that each child does contribute to that:) Plus you are married to Paul who seems to have a memory for all little details even when he is not right, love you Paul!!!
ok kristen, i miss looking at your blog for a day and you do like 10 posts! i really gotta keep up! you are funny though! i do the same thing about hs. or maybe it's cause you are using all your brain cells to keep up with dallin and ellie!
LOL, I think it is age. I know we aren't "old" yet but we are older than we were last year and I can't remember a lot of things either. I keep forgetting how old I will be on my birthday...is that strange?
Thank you! I am glad other people have the same problem that I do. I feel totally validated.
I feel the same way! High School is a total blurr. That is why I married someone with a good memory. I feel the same way as Stef too. Remembering things that are worthless!! lol
Post a Comment