NONSTOP!
That is how my kids are acting lately!
(Does anyone out there know of adult battery replacements? Mine's running low.)
Feeling the confinement of the cold season already, i tried to do something new and different to keep the boredom at bay by taping a race track to the floor. It kept Dallin's attention for about 30 minutes.
Next up: This was his idea. It reminded me of that one game (insert name) i used to play as a kid.
Dallin's attention: a couple hours!
Although, I was afraid of him while he was playing with it!
The amazing magician DALLINZINI!
{complete with magic wand and cape}
He put on a superb magic show for Ellie and I the other night.
If you look closely, you can see the lump of "disappearing" cards under the blanket.
He also made a book disappear, and displayed the coolest card trick.
(His imagination amazes me every day! I love this kid!)
Dallin came home from school the other day saying that he was being hurt, which translates into "I am in pain right now!" He screamed for an hour, would not eat, drink, or wear clothes. He screamed extra loud when anything entered his mouth. After that tylenol kicked in, he seemed fine, but we took him to the dentist anyway. Nothing was wrong with his teeth. I think that he had a bad headache....
Not to be out done by her brother, rather, done with the help of her brother: Ellie got a little help out of her crib. I call it being throttle, but Dallin was just trying to help. She was holding her wrist lamely and it wobbled back and forth when I checked it. I asked her if it hurt, and amid the screams, she said, "wist otay!" Then I saw that her mouth was full of blood. She bit her tongue pretty good and pretty deep. The picture above serves two purposes: 1. to show that she would not hold still long enough for me to get a good picture, and 2. she has stuck her tongue out a whole lot this past week. It looked really disgusting and every time I saw it my stomach churned! Here is a picture comparable to what it looked like (except Ellie's would some how open up and spread out every time she stuck her tongue out.....eeewwwwww!!)
More excitement:
Dallin filled the bathroom sink full of water and shredded toilet paper.
Can anyone say RotoRooter (aka Paul)? Poor guy had to take the whole sink apart!
On a positive note:
I took both kids to Target, Michaels, and Walmart today.
Not one meltdown, not one tear.
Ellie stayed in her cart and Dallin didn't touch everything within reach.
They were so good and so patient.
I bought them popcorn.




1 comment:
i love the race track idea! Ellie's tounge looks painful--even through the blur.
I have been meaning to call you ALLLLLLLL day!
Tomorrow.
love you!
Post a Comment