Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today, September 13th, marks the ONE YEAR anniversary of moving into our home. I was looking back through our blog (which had its one year anniversary on the 25th of August) and was amazed at how much has happened. Moving across the country, Paul starting a new job, buying our first home, expecting baby #2, Dallin turning two, Paul getting a promotion, finding out we're having a girl, celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary, having family and friends visit us and all the horses, among many other fun and exciting, happy and sad things. What a great, busy year we have had!

Paul and I were reminiscing about the first week in our home. We had to wait for all of our belongings to be delivered out of storage for a week. We had so many brand new friends bring over mattresses and toys and kitchen items to keep us alive for those seven days. We had one friend loan us her TV/VCR combo and some movies. The only reception we got was outside on our back deck with an antenna, even then, it was still fuzzy. We would put Dallin to bed and go outside and watch fuzzy TV (season premieres were on!!). We finally got our satellite TV hooked up in time to watch the Saturday afternoon session of LDS General Conference. We thought it would be hard to live a week without anything but our clothes (and earlier, three weeks in a hotel), but later reflected on the fact that we loved the simplicity of it all.

So here's to another great year to come...........Cheers!

2 comments:

McLerran Family said...

Hey Kristen! This is Erin Rowley McLerran. I found your blog through Breanne's. I hope you don't mind :). I just started blogging and I'm having so much fun finding and remembering people that I haven't seen or heard from in a long time. It looks like you are doing awsome! Your family is so cute. I also have a little boy. He's 2 1/2. Feel free to check us out if you want. Our blog is erinjeremyjake.blogspot.com

adventure knitter said...

You've been married longer than me? Why didn't I know that? You need to put up a picture of you all prego!! I want to see!!!