Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Time out for Mommy


Dallin just fell asleep on the couch next to me. What a rare occurrence! I even transferred him to his crib without incident. I think this little boy is going through a major growth spurt. Combine that with the terrible two's and WOW are things crazy around here. He wanted to eat constantly this morning. At one point during the morning, I was cleaning and he was happily playing in the fridge. I know, what a waste of energy, but what a life saver of sanity for me! I finally shut the fridge door when he got to the eggs. After four time-outs and many threats of "quiet time" all before 11 AM he finally settled down next to me on the couch. I was looking at a blog with a lullaby playing in the background and he started nodding off. At one point, he jerked his eyes open, gave me a huge grin, and closed them once again. Take a nice long nap, please, Mommy needs to breath.

2 comments:

adventure knitter said...

I hope he DID take a long nap. I can't believe he actually fell asleep just from hearing a lullabye! That would never happen to me...

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Kristen,
Dallin is sooo cute! I was so glad to hear from you!! You'll have to e-mail me your info. We're going to try and have a shower sometime in Oct. I would love it if you could come! E-mail me @ aprilsulli@hotmail.com! Hope to hear from you soon!